Thursday, December 19, 2019

hook 'em hawks

i saw the news how hayden fry, former iowa hawkeye football coach, has died. as an iowa native and graduate of the u. of iowa, it meant something to me. I recall one of many things about fry as coach being bumper stickers saying 'hook 'em hawks, well it works in texas'. this was also the day when I went to pick up my order of holiday bowl items- a button and shirt- from the UPS store.
   at work there was another meeting with my boss, me once again asking when I will be certified, and once again no answer. I am frustrated that I am still stuck in a trial program that not others are in.
   I performed tonight, the first one after the show runner. I try to avoid relying on notes, but needed to look at them briefly near the end of my set to recall a karaoke story. some laughed when I said 'that is a good one' when looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment