Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The 2 Bus Riders

For the 2nd straight day I saw 2 'goth chicks' for lack of a better term when riding the bus home from work. On Tuesday they spoke of picking up condoms and dental dams, also about reusing needles and how to commit suicide while using a knife. Today it was more of the same, things like getting out an asthma inhaler, the girl with the nose ring had it. She liked 'Law and Order SVU' and they spoke of 'butt nuggets', whatever that is. Also about words that kind of sound the same, like pharmacist, assist, and cyst. They are not that attractive, but I doubt that they care at all. Since both shaved part of their head, but there's still some flowing hair on the other side. Don't know what that look is called. It is excellent joke material, trying to think of how to get it into the routine.
   I did make it to the comedy club tonight, it was nice to see many people I knew, more than the previous night. It's helpful to go regularly as sometimes it's not just the sense of community and the friendship aspect, but also doing business like getting scheduled for stage time and for other projects available. I did mention the blog there, seemed relevant when I write about comedy regularly, also since my writer union recently mentioned free publicity is available for it. Nothing wrong with more exposure and more readers.
    It's usually a notable event when I retire any item I've been using regularly, tonight it was a lunch bag. I had another one given to me by my employer, so it was no problem finding a replacement. Typical with what I do with clothing, it doesn't go to a donation bin and I just rip it up since there's often flaws in it like holes. Or in the case of the bag, one of the zippers wasn't working properly.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment