Monday, February 14, 2011

Writing Contest Entry Sent

Made it over to the comedy club and found out there was no open-mic tonight, likely due to Valentine's Day. So I had a beer and left. There was some errand running I wanted to do anyway, such as get a writing contest entry submitted. Went to a Fedex where I knew who was helping me, we had spoken before about our lives. He's in school for biology and conservation. After that it meant going online to print copies of my tax return. Made a joke on a Facebook posting how the 'H&R Blockheads' wanted me to let people know I had filed my federal tax return, still need to finish the state return. Need some more stamps so I can send it. But I will be getting refunds for both.
   I called my dad and he told me more about the surgery in January, it went fine on the colon surgery. I told him more about who I was dating, and he spoke of going to some high school basketball games. I made mention of my busy weekend.
   During my lunch I did pick up a Houston Aeros shirt, wanted a souvenir of the game I had attended. I had been to Houston before, but for a Cardinals-Astros baseball game in 2004. This is a better reminder of the city. They do like the space-program inspired team names, when 'Rockets' is added to those two. Green is my favorite color, so it's nice to see some green lettering in the shirt. Their parent club, the Minnesota Wild, has green in their colors as well. This is fairly common where a minor league affiliate will model their logos and uniforms after the parent club.
   There was an announcement at work about more positions available, so a chance to transfer to another department. Since I like analytical work and compliance/legal issues, it sounds like it's right up my alley. I want more of a challenge than what I have now, where I'm busy for the first half of the day when doing payoff reports then searching for ways to stay busy in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment