Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ambitious Errand Running

I did a Facebook posting earlier today about how I had an ambitious day of errand running planned. First I did the dishes and trash, and got some mail ready to send. Good or bad, I put one of my mugs in the trash as the handle broke off while washing it. Wouldn't care as much if it wasn't the Coca-Cola mug, but I still have 12 others. Maybe I can get another Coca-Cola shirt like I had before the mug, threw out the shirt since it was getting tattered.
   Picked up some groceries as well, used a Dairy Queen coupon for some Blizzard treats, and saw a movie called 'Nuremberg' about the Nazi war-crimes trials. Sent a Navy p-coat for maintenace to a dry cleaner, it was given to me by a college roommate but I hadn't been wearing it in a while due to the torn lining. But I couldn't part with it, so it means trying to get it to the level where it can be used again. I have 2 other winter coats so it was no big deal having it unavailable. Also bought flowers for my date on Sunday, and made it to a comedy show tonight. One of my friends was performing, it was at a bar I hadn't been to before more than 30 miles away. Liked how they had Grain Belt beer there.
   I saw the movie at the Lagoon in Minneapolis, seen plenty of arthouse movies there before. Decided to go to the Popeye's Chicken nearby since I like reminders of visiting New Orleans. Love that Cajun chicken! Though I had to wait until after the movie, more time available then. It is also why I ordered tickets for a basketball game next month where the Hornets are playing. Even though I didn't see a Hornets game while in the Big Easy, but I did see a Tulane football game at the Superdome.
   Didn't get laundry done or my taxes filed or a writing contest entry submitted, but I should have enough time to finish those before seeing a hockey game on Sunday afternoon. I still accomplished plenty today, it helps to write things down and make a list of what I wanted to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment