Monday, February 21, 2011

Unexpected Day Off

I get up earlier than normal to get my car dug out of the snow, then decide to drive to work. made it after my scheduled start of my shift, then there was a sign by the front door saying the office was closed for the day. So I went to a place where I could sit down and eat some breakfast and headed home. Saw an androgynous person filming a public bus stuck in the snow, the video may end up on youtube.
   After doing more cleanup around the home, this time going through plastic shopping bags, I did head over for a date. Brought her some lunch from Subway, made a joke about how I was her waiter. She looked at a guidebook about Switzerland, where she mostly grew up, and my senior year high school yearbook. We then watched "Millionaire" and "Jeopardy", then I headed off to the comedy club, since I figured it would be easier to get stage time tonight due to the weather. I was correct, number 10, latest I've been in the lineup which makes me feel good.
  I got my car stuck in the snow on the way to the date, but got help from her on getting shoveled out. Hated leaving my car there for a while, but I had food with me and wanted to get there as quickly as possible. It took even longer when I fell on the snow, there was ice under it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment