Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hat In The Ring

I threw my hat in the ring today for a new opportunity at work, there was an announcement about it on Monday. It was rather simple to get the interest form completed and submitted to HR. Will see how it goes, had tried it earlier when work moved here from another office but had to interview and didn't get it. Fewer openings this time, but won't have to interview.
   Decided to move around some of my mugs as well, since I wasn't using some of them at home and some of them at work. I knew I would use the ones that remind me of work more at work, didn't want to use them at home since they reminded me of work. These were ones given to me at work and have the company logo on them. I like being able do distance myself from work emotionally when away from it physically, we all need to be able to decompress and unwind. I had ordered one from Ebay, a Simpsons mug, and hadn't used it yet. So it's best taken home. It means having 3 at work, when I take them there and I will in the morning. I will then have 10 at home. Naturally it didn't affect me much when the handle broke from the Coca-Cola mug since I had plenty of others. I probably wouldn't replace most of them if one of them breaks for the same reason.
   I said the same about winter coats, having 3. One of them, the Navy p-coat, had torn lining and I just decided to use the other 2 more. I was given all 3, and I've bought a few of the mugs but most were given to me as well. I was called by the dry cleaner and found out it was too expensive to repair, over $100. May want to try sewing up some of it myself. I sent another coat to be cleaned when picking it up. Figured if I was driving over there, a little out of my way, it was simple to just switch them. One of my coats could use some cleaning as it had been a while. It meant I was late to the comedy club tonight as I wanted to pick up the coat the same day I was called. No need to wait too long once I know something is available.  

No comments:

Post a Comment