Thursday, February 17, 2011

A New Backpack

I had my service anniversary last week, and got a gift card for Target for $10. I reminded myself of having it and how I needed a replacement for my Star Wars backpack. There were getting to be too many holes in it, and I don't like the chance of losing things through the holes. It served me well, first got it before going on vacation in San Francisco back in 2004. Picked it up at a secondhand store, and got comments from a hippie about it on that vacation. I decided to get something comparable to it, so it is blue and gray as the previous one was blue and black. Even wrote 'Star Wars' and 'Obi-Wan' on the straps, with a marker and in small letters, to remind me of the previous one. I've done this before with shirts, or even shorts, if it's a replacement. It also seemed appropriate to get a Star Wars shirt while there, so I did. Noticed there was some stylish socks, one had a 'jolly roger' theme as it had the skull and crossbones on it. I got it as a joke, wondering what comments I might get about it if people notice it. I needed some new socks anyway, I had ripped up a few pairs recently after seeing some big holes in them. Still need a few more but got some JC Penney gift cards over the holiday and can get some this weekend. It will be part of some errand running like an oil change for my car. I looked at some duffel bags as well, since mine was retired a few months back for the same reason as the backpack. But I figured I wouldn't need it right away, not until next month at the earliest if I decide to travel then. Needed a backpack more, and the duffel bags were more expensive. It would be nice to get one with wheels, easier to make it through the airport when in a rush. But I want to get it done right, so it means getting what I really want and need- and something that can still be a carry-on item.
   It was a night for some chores, like going through junk mail and shredding it, along with getting some checks written and bills mailed. Sent them before going to Target tonight, and after watching 'Big Bang Theory'. At work I did 14 more laps for the 'bingo walk' like I did on Wednesday, at 7 laps equaling a card I earned 4 cards. Some of my colleagues were pulled today for a special project and I was on my own with completing the payoff reports I was assigned, but it was no big deal. Even helped out somebody else when they had some repo requests to do. When I rode the bus home tonight I saw the 2 'goth chicks' again and one of them ended up sitting next to me when the seat became available. This time one of them had their daughter with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment