Sunday, February 13, 2011

Houston Aeros Game at the X

I once joked about how I didn't want to make this just a Lady Gaga fan page. Well I did have a date tonight and asked that it be on CBS so I could see the interview that was scheduled for before the Grammys. As usual, she has proven to be very intelligent. One sentiment was in the Rolling Stone interview as well, explaining why she likes those hideous outfits. She would much rather have them write about her outfits and music than her personal life. I am starting to like the new song, 'Born This Way'. It helps that I found a different version on youtube, must remind myself there may be different remixes or even 'fabricated' ones.
    Didn't watch the Grammys though, we put in a movie, 'Only The Lonely' starring John Candy. I liked one line in it, when he leaves and then she says to herself, 'don't screw this one up'. I did notice a few things while watching it this time, maybe since it's on a bigger screen than typical.
   I did get my federal income tax return filed online today, before heading out to the game today. I went to get my laundry done early in the morning. Seeing the hockey game at the 'X' in St. Paul was nice. It was the Houston Aeros, the Minnesota Wild's minor league affiliate. I had seen their last game here nearly 6 years ago, on my birthday. But the Aeros lost 3-1 to Peoria, the St. Louis Blues affiliate. I was wearing a Blues jersey there, a holdover from high school. There was a fight early, in the first 5 minutes. When it happened I said this is what some people came for. Liked seeing many different jerseys there, such as a Chicago Wolves jersey. When I saw it I said it reminded me of wanting to see one of their games in March when I would be in town for the college basketball tournament. Haven't seen one there since I moved nearly 7 years ago, hard to do when I'm usually visiting during baseball and football season. It would mean getting a Wolves pennant, don't have one yet. I have a Wolves shirt though. Already have a Wild beach towel. There was even a Charlestown Chiefs jersey, in reference to the movie 'Slap Shot'.

No comments:

Post a Comment