Sunday, February 27, 2011

More Retired Clothing

Every so often I realize I need to retire some of my clothing. This was true today after doing laundry. One of my shirts had a small hole in the back, and a hooded sweatshirt did in the right sleeve. It was a Notre Dame sweatshirt given to me, I called it an 'Eminem outfit' as it does look like what rappers wear. Both were ripped up and sent to the trash, and now I am thinking about getting another hoodie and have this one be an Emerson Hough Huskies sweatshirt. I still don't have many sweatshirts, down to 4, 2 are Hawkeye, a third Chicago Bears, the fourth a red Tommy Hilfiger. The others in that drawer are more like sports jerseys, 2 hockey sweaters, a baseball jersey, a football jersey, and a basketball warmup shirt. I think it's a good idea to have downsized in this area, then I am getting more use of the ones left. Also on my list are some Emerson Hough shorts as well as a blanket. I have 2 GE blankets given to me by my employer, and don't use either one, same as when I was clearing out some of my coffee mugs and travel cups. I sent 2 pairs of pants to a donation bin, now down to 10.
    I picked up some more pictures from Walgreen today, after I was done doing laundry. One of them was of the Snoopy statue in my neighborhood. It was in the booklet I bought of the final year of the statues, it is fun to find them wherever possible. Didn't watch much of the Oscars tonight, but it looks like 'King's Speech' won big, a movie I did see. I saw plenty of the Best Picture nominees, it has been expanded from 5 to 10. Also saw 'True Grit', 'Social Network', 'Fighter', and 'Winter's Bone'.

No comments:

Post a Comment