Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

I did one thing that was typical for Super Bowl Sunday compared to recent years, it meant going to an early showing of a movie that was over well before the game began. It was another date, we saw the Marky Mark boxing movie 'the Fighter'. I also liked Melissa Leo in it, she was in an arthouse movie I saw a few years back called 'Frozen River' which got her an Oscar nomination.
   It does remind me of many previous Super Bowls, first one I can recall seeing at least a part of was number 15, Raiders-Eagles, I was just a kid. Can recall it was when my family lived in Monroe,Iowa, before moving to Newton. Dad was watching it on a little black and white RCA, eating some popcorn. This one was like some others, as I didn't see all of it. Since I was tired and fell asleep in the middle of it in my easy chair. Last year I tried to sew some letters onto a shirt, now that reminds me of how that project is still on hiatus. 
   Considering I did see the early part of the game, it was no surprise how the Packers went on to beat the Steelers 31-25. The Packers got points off turnovers and built an early lead, 14-0. I am familiar with the stats about football games, a team's record is way better when leading at halftime. I know some people like to bet on certain aspects of the game, and I know this much, some bets are definitely longshots. This was the 45th Super Bowl, and so far there hasn't been a shutout or an overtime game. They've come close on both, but not quite. A few games have ended on last-second field goals. Others have had low point totals for the losing team, such as 7 points or even 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment