Saturday, February 5, 2011

Winter Carnival

Went to the St. Paul Winter Carnival this afternoon. I did take plenty of pictures of the ice sculptures there, some were in celebration of the 125th anniversary. It was lunchtime so I got a chili dog and BBQ chips and hot chocolate as well. I said the food vendor carts reminded me of how I often ate when on vacation in New York and D.C. Went to the Landmark Center, across the street from Rice Park where the sculptures were, and saw some of the displays there as well. This included many of the buttons from the previous years, I was most interested in the one from 1973. It had a covered wagon on it, celebrating the western movement. Asked about acquiring one from who was in charge of the exhibit, they said their husband may have one. So I gave them my name, phone number, and email address. Will hope for the best. I know in one previous year I saw older buttons for sale, so I got the one from 1990 since Snoopy from the 'Peanuts' comic strip was on it.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment