Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spill at Lunch

I got a little careless when getting lunch ready at work today, and tipped over my cup of water. It had been a while since this had happened, for that I am thankful. It was nearly full, so there was plenty that spilled, including onto the floor. I realized the most important thing was to wipe up the water closest to the edge of the table, so less of it would end up on the floor. In many ways my instincts kicked in from being a janitor in college, damage control for lack of a better term. It also helped that the facility manager was there and gave me napkins to get started right away.
    I went out to look at some of the artwork nearby, some were intriguing. I wanted one of an elephant but it was too big. Then there was some of presidents laughing together, playing cards if I'm not mistaken. As a history major it was a good thing I could recognize most of the presidents in it.
    I picked up another carton of egg nog, probably the last one of the season as it was the last one I saw at the grocery store. In addition, I haven't seen any more at other stores. I like the taste of it.
    Watching an extended version of ABC's 'Nightline' show about the events in Egypt. I am mostly interested in knowing if the American government is doing what they can to get Americans out of the nation. I care most about what affects my countrymen, my fellow Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment