Sunday, August 28, 2011

3 Home Runs

Went to the Twins game today, they beat Detroit 11-4. The 3 home runs helped, as all had runners on. Not a big fan of home runs unless there's 1 or 2 on, then it's a bigger impact. There was an alumni event at the bar called 'The Loop' a few blocks away before the game. There was a drawing, a $5 buy-in on the raffle, 7 items, but didn't win. The price of the game tickets included pizza and drinks, we ordered pepperoni, thin crust.
   I was tired after the game, fell asleep while dinner was being made. I later helped with dinner, stirring the cheesy rice. 'Simpsons' episode was about magicians and peaches. Also watched an episode of 'History Detectives' that my date had taped for me. Much like before, I liked the history being covered. It was about the 1968 Democratic convention in Chicago, vandalism of an Andrew Jackson bust on the ship known as 'Old Ironsides', and a Native American Indian weaved basket.
  The errand running after the date included grocery shopping, but it was a smaller order compared to previous weeks as I didn't need as much. Not all of the breakfast and lunch food was used up yet. I buy less if there are items left as I prefer to use just what is needed for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment