Monday, August 15, 2011

Another Interview and Tie

I decided to wear a tie to work again today, as I had another interview for a half-time position. This is the last of the 3, hopefully I will get a callback for at least one of them. It has been busy lately with meetings, it was one of 2 today. This one was in the afternoon, and the first of the day was in the morning with my boss's boss. It was an announcement about how the committee I am on won't be happening for a while, due to apathy on the floor. Though it hadn't been happening for a while anyway, it was our first meeting since May. After the announcement was made she left the room and we discussed further. The joke was how 'at least we're already sitting down'. The 2 meetings, 30 minutes each, meant it was busier for me, which was fine. I was assigned special requests this week and there are many times when it isn't busy, especially after one portfolio was sold, there was plenty of contract copies to be made on the repos.
    I did go to the comedy club tonight, but again didn't stay until the end of the show. One friend was sitting near me, I shook his hand on my way out and said how I had things to do. And I did, as my errand running from the weekend wasn't complete yet. Needed to get groceries, I did do some things once I got back from St. Louis but not all. Thankfully the store is nearby, and I knew what I needed.
   Saw an email tonight how Twins player Jim Thome reached the 600-home run club. It meant he hit 2 tonight, and he is the 8th to reach the milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment