Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Twins/Red Sox Game

Went to the Twins/Red Sox game tonight, Twins lost 4-3 but had plenty of chances. Realized it's part of seeing 4 games in 8 days, a busy stretch for me. This was the second of the 4 games, the other 2 are this weekend. I got on a different bus than normal as I wanted to head over to the stadium right after work, traded text messages with my date when asked where I was. Since it was rush hour it likely took longer than if it wasn't 'peak time' but I still made it well before the game began. She headed into the concourse with one inning left, saying she was chilly. And it was for this time of year, we were in the upper deck in the top row so we felt the weather more than others did. It was a reminder of why I don't like doing events on weeknights if at all possible: I was out later than normal. But I like seeing one Red Sox game a year, a way of keeping the memory alive of my favorite movie, 'Good Will Hunting', which had a Boston setting and plenty of baseball overtones in the storyline.
   There will be another Twins game later this month, an event through my college alumni association chapter. There will be a pre-event at a nearby bar, may end up with another door prize like a hat or shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment