Friday, August 26, 2011

Ring of Honor

I presented 'ring of honor' pictures to coworkers who were in them. Also brought in one that was already framed, it was the 'long lost twin' of a coworker. The other is a college roommate, and both are sarcastic farmboys. It was from when he got married 11 years ago.
   I made it over to a Blockbuster Video store nearby tonight after work as I had read in the paper how it was closing. It was due to losing their lease, since of course the buyout by Dish Network was in April, which helped them exit bankruptcy protection. I bought a bag of microwave popcorn and a DVD, 'Winter's Bone'. Saw it at the theater last year and I still speak of it well, since many of the characters reminded me of people I knew growing up in small-town Iowa.
   On the date tonight we watched a movie after dinner, 'It's Complicated'. I was told that I was a lot like the Steve Martin character, and I did see this as the mannerisms were quite similar. Some parts of the movie were more fun than others, I liked the funny parts more than the serious when of course the serious parts were divorce-related.


No comments:

Post a Comment