Tuesday, August 2, 2011

All Is Not Lost

Found out all is not lost with some planning, wanting to see a comedy show while on the road. It just meant choosing another club that fit my schedule and had tickets available. A baseball game I am seeing soon changed the start time, 3 hours later. So it meant fewer options on comedy shows after the game. I was surprised to find out the club I wanted was sold out already even for a midnight show!
   Started a special project today, reviewing the written procedures, I like showing off my writing skills.
Went to the comedy club tonight, it was a talent show and contest. Liked seeing one performer doing song parodies, including of the Lady Gaga song 'Pokerface'. Made it later than I wanted to as I was talking to somebody at a national night out event. He had recalled me from the same event a year earlier, but I still don't see him much. In fact I think it was the first time since last year's event. He spoke of being unemployed.
   I did end up with some stage time at the club tonight, sort of. The headliner performed while votes were totaled up by the judges, I was in the back near them. He asked for comments, they had all left. So he asked me. I said a 'Kill Hitler' joke had been done, but I still thought it was a good one. There were some comedians in the contest, but none of the 3 who advanced were comics. One was a freak show artist driving a nail into his nose, and the other- besides the one doing song parodies- sang about what she wouldn't talk about 'in her monologue'.

No comments:

Post a Comment