Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bridge Walks and Barges

I like doing walks across the bridge during lunch, today I noticed one of the barges was from St. Louis. It reminds me of how I like visiting that city, and will be in a few days. It prompted me to look up songs about St. Louis on Youtube, where else? The 3 I found couldn't have been more different from each other, as they were by Nelly, Jewel, and Washboard Slim.
    The first was dark, but it can be expected from a rapper. It spoke of how some have jobs, some sell drugs. This would be true of many cities. The second was more gentle, and is good to listen to. 'your arch reaching high into the sky up above, you're a town that's so easy to love.' Also nice how it went through the history, like being named for a French king. The third sounded like it was a blues or jazz song from the 1920s or 1930s. Found out Jewel did plenty of songs about other cities.  
   Went to the comedy club tonight and noticed there were more no-shows in the contest, spoke with the husband of one comic who is a cop. He was the inspiration for a 'badge bunny' joke, since some cops have 'groupies' and I had a one and done date with one of these types.
   At work there was an ice cream social, I had cookies and cream on a stick and the bells from the ice cream coolers were rung fairly often.

No comments:

Post a Comment