Saturday, August 27, 2011

Breakfast at Perkins

Had breakfast at a Perkins this morning, was meeting family who was in town for the Twins game. It took some time to figure out what else to do for the rest of the day. But the day filled up well, used up a gift card from Bed Bath and Beyond to get a bookcase. I've had my car for over 8 years and just learned something about it when trying to cart the bookcase home: it has fold-down back seats from the trunk.  
Then it meant getting it assembled, which thankfully wasn't too difficult. Just needed a hammer and some screwdrivers. It is 5 shelves. Also made it over to the Borders in Woodbury for the liquidation sale, I got 2 'anthology' history books and a day-by-day Charlie Brown calendar. In the evening we saw a DVD, an episode of 'Little House' where Johnny Cash was a guest star. It led me to sharing another memory of being at the fair, as somebody at the nearby bandshell was playing Cash songs. But I didn't like how he started 'Ring of Fire' then switched to 'Folsom Prison' midway through 'Fire'. I said I wanted to hear 'Tennessee Flat Top Box' but it wasn't played. Found out it was the same song my date hadn't heard in a while. I really like the guitar interlude in it. Still not sure why her dad thought about walking out of 'Walk the Line', something about how it was too real. I will admit it was hard to watch in some areas, but I really liked the music in it, as it was like just being at a concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment