Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saints Side Story

Went to the Saints game against Winnipeg tonight, the theme is a takeoff of 'West Side Story' as well as the former hockey teams in both cities. Saints lost 4-3. They were wearing jerseys looking like hockey sweaters, Saints looked like the Minnesota North Stars and the Goldeyes looking like the previous Winnipeg Jets. The new team, moving from Atlanta, will also be called the Jets. This is what likely led to the theme, as one oft he gangs in the play is called Jets. Though the season began before the franchise move happened, but the new hockey team did seem to make the theme even more relevant. 
    Found out the jerseys were being auctioned off, from both teams. My date and I decided we would like them if able to get one for the minimun bid, which was $40. After 3 innings I noticed how half of them weren't bid on yet, mostly Winnipeg jerseys. I got a Saints jersey and she got a Goldeyes jersey- and we were able to get both for the minimum bid. It seemed the best way to go about it, the proverbial 'path of least resistance'. Some weren't bid on at all, others had plenty of interest and the bids going for as high as $100. Liked having a jersey saying 'Saints' and green as well- my favorite color while in school. The one I already had was the one I was wearing that night, a gray road uniform spelling out 'St. Paul'.  The Saints player wearing mine was the starting left fielder. We were able to go onto the field after the game to claim them, and I decided it was the best opportunity to do what she suggested after seeing the  movie 'Only the Lonely' with me. We got pictures in the jerseys on the field behind home plate, it worked out as being way cheaper than renting out the entire stadium for the date. 
   We did find 5 more statues, so we reached the 90 plateau and going over 100 is quite likely. There was the 2 from the apartment complex, and 1 from a school- I had scouted out these a few days earlier. We found the 2 others by driving around, at a hospital and another school. We both got excited about finding them, saying 'I see one!' First was me, then she did. Had hoped to find more but it's still a numbers game.    

No comments:

Post a Comment