Friday, August 19, 2011

Money Grab

There was a money grab at work to finish 'Celebrate You' week, much like on a gameshow. I had tickets but didn't win the drawing. It was annoying when one was chosen, as somebody said 'he really needs the money' since he had a child on the way. I said that all of us have bills to pay. It was nice to see a senior leader there that I know, we spoke more about my recent visit to St. Louis as he is from there. 
   I lucked out with the laundry, woke up a little earlier than typical and made it back to the laundromat right at 6am, when they opened. Decided to get a little cleanup done before leaving, there was also a slight delay as there was a train on the track, which is rare. I got the drying done and had a breakfast sandwich at Mc Donald's, one with a playground inside. Liked seeing more than just Ronald on the banners there, also saw Grimace, Hamburglar, and Birdie the earlybird. I saw more of those characters when I was younger, even had a sleeping bag with them on it. Made it home and got the laundry folder and hung up and put away, made it in time for the bus I normally take to work. Definitely did more than I usually do this morning! One shirt had granular soap caked onto it so I put it in water in a mop bucket for it to soak further. 
    After work, I got a little more done, including giving a burial to my tomato plant under a nearby pine tree. Then I went to the airport to find my dad. I saw him at baggage claim when I arrived. We ate at the Subway sandwich shop, then walked around the rest of the plaza. Surprised to see how a pizza place had closed, I had eaten there. Was informed it had closed 3 months ago. Then I thought of the President Clinton quote: "It's the economy, stupid." We went inside a liquor store I hadn't been in before, got a 6-pack of Leinenkugel, a beer I often drank with my college buddies. We didn't have the energy for much else by then.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment