Wednesday, August 3, 2011

3 no-shows, 1 Beetle

Went to a comedy contest tonight, a different club, surprising how there were 3 no-shows. I've seen 1 before but not 3. Made it easier to vote on the top 3 as there was just 6 left. Some of my friends were performing, others I didn't know. Knew 2 of the 3 who advanced. I am in the same contest in a few weeks. What I liked was being able to vote in it, usually the crowd doesn't and the appointed judges do. The MC did the same intro for each- 'Charlie Sheen thinks this comedian is a winner!'
    After lunch I felt something in my hair and pulled it out, at first I wondered if it was a deer tick but a colleague said it was a beetle. It was likely from being outside at lunch to mail a letter. I killed it and saved it between 2 pieces of tape so my physician can see it later. It meant going to a Minute Clinic as I did want a medical pro to look at it the the same day, even though I have an appointment with my primary phyisican in a few days. It preoccupied me for a while in the afternoon, trying to find some  information online to calm my fears. I think I used to be what many would consider to be a hypochondriac  but I noticed all too often when I was worried about my health it was nothing. So I tried to learn something from these experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment