Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Contest With Squishy

I did a comedy contest tonight, one of the other comics was named 'Squishy Man', had seen him before at another contest. I didn't make the top 3, but I just liked having the chance to compete. 'Squishy' did advance. He had friended me on Facebook before the contest saying we were on the same night. He had a raccoon for his profile picture but just changed it to Papa Smurf.
   Much of what I had said before to my date likely made more sense after meeting more of the people there. We agreed on many of our opinions about the comics. What I like about this contest is being able to vote on the participants, as this is not available at other contests where the judges are appointed.
   I did pay more attention to some of the wall art as I was explaining things to somebody who hadn't seen it as often as I do. Like the portraits above the stage, of Diamond Jim and his companion, actress Lillian Russell. It had been a supper club before it was a comedy club. She said she had driven past it before but hadn't stopped, so I liked knowing I had helped with crossing something off a 'to see' list.

No comments:

Post a Comment