Thursday, August 11, 2011

Abandoned Keys

Saw some abandoned keys on top of a newspaper box as I was going into work this morning, gave the typical sentiment of 'I'm sure somebody misses those'. Had 2 interviews for some coveted rotation positions, half-time for 6 months, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Was wearing a tie and nice shoes today because of it. Walked in an area I hadn't seen before at lunchtime. It's odd how I'm told I'm 'dressed up' when all I do- even if it's not too often- was put on a tie. Figured it was a good idea, as the saying goes, 'putting your best foot forward.' I decided to take this literally, as it meant dress shoes as well that aren't used much as I don't want to wear them out too soon like others I've head before. Usually I have more comfortable gym shoes since I'm on my feet for much of the day. Saw that I was shaved and had a haircut, got one the night before. I don't like doing either one much.
   Went to a fundraiser stroll at Como Park in St. Paul tonight, nice to see the lake there as I had just been there for plays at the pavilion. Plenty of snacks available, and I made a song request but the DJ played a different Maroon 5 song. Asked for 'This Love' he played 'She Will Be Loved'. Wanted to get some last-minute things done before leaving town so I left shortly after I heard the song. As usual I tend to pack in a rush, but much of what I pack is clothing and printed reservation forms to refer to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment