Thursday, August 25, 2011

Parking Lot Pill Whiner

Sent a photo order to Walgreen tonight after being at the state fair today, the opening day, for a team building event. When I picked it up I saw somebody in the truck next to me swearing and said he was ready to go crazy as he said he had been looking for a pill for an hour. Even if he was talking to me, I didn't talk to him. I got in my car, locked the door, and left. Wanted to get out of there right away.
   It was an unusual day, as we had 3 hours of work then on to the fairgrounds. It was long enough to get the payoff reports submitted. I took a bus over there, one I had taken a few times but not too often. It let me out about a block from the main entrance, and since we were given an hour to get there and it took me about 20 minutes I was early. But I liked it that way. The team building event was a scavenger hunt, getting pictures of many things at the fair, including a Lucy statue over by the administration building. What I liked about it was getting 2 more pictures done for my 'ring of honor'. I had hoped to get it done at the science museum event but some of them left before I got there. And of course my workplace isn't camera-friendly so it means doing it off-site. I did walk around the fair a little with 2 of the 3 colleagues I got pictures with after the team building event was over. We used some of the fair bucks we were given, $25, for food from a Greek place in the international bazaar. Since they didn't plan on coming back at a later date, and I do, I was given their remaining bucks. One of them, a smart guy who has joined Mensa, called the fairgoers 'proletariat' and bemoaned how slow they were going.
    Eventually I left as well, after walking around a little by myself and I liked seeing a bagpipe player at O'Gara's. I had hoped to do a writer networking event at a bar in town but it was a no-go again. I showed up even earlier than before, but the event coordinator did not, so I left and went home. I felt there was no need to stay around for an event that wasn't happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment