Friday, August 5, 2011

Big Head Todd

Saw the Big Head Todd concert at the zoo in Apple Valley. Most intense guitar playing I had ever seen,by the frontman.  The drummer was just as good as he played like a madman. Heard most every song I wanted to, except for 'In The Morning'. Most of their big hits were played, like 'Broken Hearted Savior', 'It's Alright', 'Bittersweet', and 'Circle' from the platinum-selling CD 'Sister Sweetly'. I have 2 of their CDs, the other is 'Beautful World' and 'Please Don't Tell Her' was played from it, along with a cover of John Lee Hooker's 'Boom Boom'. Concerts are about promoting the new CD, and 'Rocksteady' was played. Didn't hear much of the opening act, but I heard a cover of the song 'Sweet Dreams' by the Eurythmics. I wanted to get ice cream before sitting down, got cheesecake flavor. There also was massage therapy, at a dollar a minute. Hadn't seen it there before, but it was jsut my 3rd concert at the venue. Liked speaking with an older couple before the show about concerts, sounds like they may have a season ticket package for zoo concerts. Mentioned how I likely had a chance to see them while at college in Iowa City but didn't, unsure why. Many bands do like to play at bars in college towns when they are up and coming. But I finally got around to seeing their show, that's most important.   

No comments:

Post a Comment