Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Be Careful Out There

'Be careful out there' was what I said to a colleague at the end of the day. He showed me some of his scrapes from biking into work in the morning, said he ended up on a bus bumper. I was thinking of the parting line during the introduction of the TV show 'Hill Street Blues'- although there's 2 more words in front of it, 'And hey'. He said he was too young to remember the show, I don't think I had seen it that much either.

Finished the mustard bottle I got at a potluck in early April, now on to the ketchup. There's also not much left of the ketchup. Another good night in the contest at the comedy club. It was the semifinals, and some of my friends were competing, others were doing stage time separate from the contest. There was a rap duo called 'Valley Meadows' that was pretty good, made up of 2 of my comedian friends.
   There are lingering memories of my dad visiting over the weekend, as I have been watching Youtube videos of TV show theme songs I had showed him, like 'Perfect Strangers' and 'One Day at a Time'. I get a little emotional about the former, as it was one reason I gave for moving to the big city eventually after college. The show made big cities look fun to a small town kid. It's the theme of many shows I've liked- somebody moving to a big city where the opportunity is. I think the most memorable scene would be when Balki gets on the back of a horse cart next to a box that says 'America or Burst' though it should say 'bust'. The other main character, Larry, is more like me. He was described as a 'hard-nosed Midwesterner' which is what I am as well. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment