Friday, August 5, 2011

Mold Problem at Berg

Found an online article about a mold problem at Berg, a school in my hometown. I said this sounded like a non sequitur. The school board elections are apparently next month, hopeful for good news about some of them being voted out. Getting Emerson Hough School re-opened would be nice.
   There were 2 notable things, scouting out more Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues and seeing a sparrow trying to peck at a penny. It flew away a little, then I picked up the penny, it was made in 1973. This was at the end of my workday when I was going back to my car. I was doing a half day as I did a tour of the Fedbank in the morning, and a medical appointment was moved to that morning as well, originally was to be on Wednesday, 2 days earlier. Also found the time to get to see a secondhand store I don't get to very often. Bought 3 items I liked, a CD of the movie soundtrack from 'Shrek 2', a book with plenty of good archival photos called  'Illustrated History of Baseball', and a Charlie Brown and Snoopy drinking glass. When checking on Ebay I found out it was part of a collector series, there are 5 in all. Plenty of things can be found on Ebay, even if just looking for information.
     Found 2 more statues, one helpful elderly woman let me into the building and said she mostly spoke Russian. I didn't know how to say 'thank you' in that language. So I just stood next to the statue, a Lucy, and tried to show what I was there for. Also found a Charlie at the same complex, different building. Another woman spoke to me for a while, couldn't find a polite way to leave, she was repeating herself about brain surgery after a car wreck in 1985. And how she was brought up German, despite being born in the USA, when growing up in North Dakota.
     Did some errand running as well, made it over to a Best Buy by the mall in Roseville and decided to pay the remaining balance on my account, just over $200. I've wanted to put more towards paying off other bills, this will make it easier for me. Then on to the mall, where I used up the balance on a gift card at Express for some fancy argyle socks. There was a dollar left on the card. Looked around at the Borders liquidation sale but didn't get much, a special Us magazine with plenty of Lady Gaga photos along with a bottle of Sprite. The magazine was $5, it was half off.

No comments:

Post a Comment