Sunday, August 7, 2011

Valleyfair and Planet Snoopy

Went to Valleyfair in Shakopee today in order to see Planet Snoopy. Being a Charlie Brown fan it was something I wanted to see since the theme left the Mall of America. The water park was nice, liked seeing the characters doing a show, actually a 'hoedown'. Also got a picture with snoopy, who was making rounds. Bought a few small souvenirs- a bookmark, placemat, and socks. My date decided to take a fanny pack and found a Twins baseball ticket from 2002, so it will be added to the memory book.
    We had hoped to see statues from the St. Paul series but there weren't any. There were some copies of what looked like the 'classic Snoopy', one of them spun around. We went on one ride in that section, it was the hot air balloons, we were in the Brazil balloon but it bothered our stomachs a little. Thankful that we were patient for the wave pool, made sense it was beginning when some music was played as the introduction. Also liked riding in the antique cars, some rides were familiar from going to Adventureland near Des Moines when I was a kid. I said I would like to get to water parks more often, hadn't used my swimsuit much since I got it in Florida 5 years ago while there for spring training. The waterslides and the lazy river was nice as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment