Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Jeffersons theme song

No mail arrived today, but I wanted to get caught up on sending out Christmas cards. So now I have 4 more ready to be mailed, wanting to get them sent out to those who sent one to me. I hate to admit it was in many ways 'assembly line' style, but I still added a specialized touch to each by looking at what they sent me and making reference to it. I want as many as possible sent out before the holiday, but I'm cutting it close. I was way behind on sending them out. One card was from my dad, another from my aunt, and the other 2 were classmates from high school. Next thing is to send one to a work colleague, now in Chicago. Though I often refer to them as my 'Ohio friend' as that is where they are originally from.
    Heard the lounge singer version of 'The Jeffersons' theme song after the comedy show ended tonight. I know it is called 'Moving on Up' and I know Ja'net duBois sang it first and was on another show, 'Good Times'. The club likes to play this lounge singer, and he has so many versions of songs many people know. But thankfully it is not as annoying as elevator music, since it is fun to hear how he stresses certain words when singing. Sometimes it is just like the original, sometimes it is not. If anyone has told me who the musician is, I don't recall. It was a big deal to me to see nearby stores open late, since usually they have already closed before the show ended. But I had to remind myself how they are open later for holiday shopping.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the great information you have provided! You have touched on crucuial points! i bookmarked it and will be back to check some more later. Jefferson`s Pizza

    ReplyDelete