Friday, December 30, 2011

Mobile Post Office

Bought some stamps at a mobile post office, first time I had seen one. Looked really cool, like an RV. I wanted to ask some questions about it, so I could write about it. I was informed it was the only one in the city and it usually stops in one spot for about 10-15 minutes. I had the chance to see it since I had just returned home from work, an early release by 2 hours due to the holiday. So all of this makes sense as to why I hadn't seen it before. Originally I got just a camera phone picture and planned on getting no stamps, but I wanted to get home right away and find my real camera. When I was taking up their time asking questions, I figured it was fair to actually buy a product, and got some Forever stamps from the Chinese (Lunar) New Year. Though it appeared to be the year that will be ending in a month. I noticed it did have a limited list of stamp styles available, but this may be true of other mobile services as well. I of course think of book mobiles while in school, coming from the public library. Another would be food trucks, on the bus on the way to work one morning I saw a Sloppy Guiseppe truck and their website said 'follow it in the metro area'. But I haven't seen it since, and it seemed odd to see it in the morning unless they serve breakfast food as well.
     I did see Iowa's bowl game tonight at a sports bar, it was on ESPN and I don't have cable TV. Don't feel like I would use it enough to justify the cost when I am often out doing various activities. Iowa lost to Oklahoma 31-14 in the Insight Bowl in Tempe, Arizona, and it was no surprise as to why. Iowa wasn't getting the stops on defense when needed. I did wear my bowl game shirt and button there that I had ordered online earlier in the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment