Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ramsey Home and Muppets

On Saturday I had another date, it was touring the Ramsey Home in St. Paul. Nice tour, they had cookies available that had just been baked in the oven there. I liked getting a postcard and a Christmas tree ornament, it was Santa with snowshoes on.
   We had thought about seeing the Holidazzle parade in Minneapolis in the evening, the Ramsey tour was in the afternoon, but the snow was falling so we decided to stay nearby and saw a movie in Eagan, 'The Muppets'. I said I was fine as long as it was replaced with another event. Hopefully we can still make it there during the season.
    I liked seeing this Muppet movie, word of mouth from comedian friends helped who had posted on Facebook. I liked how some was borrowed from the original movie in 1979, but not too much. Kermit did the same song in both on his banjo, 'Rainbow Connection'. That movie was what got me started on liking road movies. I liked Animal a lot as he was going crazy on the drums as usual. Another scene seemed to be borrowed from it, one where I saw an old-school VW Beetle. It reminded me of when they traded cars and got a Studebaker, when they smashed a fly right in the middle of the price where Kermit said 'you owe us a nickel' as the salesman said he just gave $12 for trade-ins.
   It wasn't easy getting to the theater, as I did slide a little after being at a stop sign but I wasn't going fast and no other cars were around so I was able to get it corrected without much fanfare. After the movie we did finish watching my DVD of the Charlie Brown Halloween special, 'Great Pumpkin'. We actually just watched the interview feature about the making of it and the 'Magic' feature where Charlie got to kick the ball since he was invisible. We had seen 'Great Pumpkin' when it was aired on TV right before the holiday. I like how there is more on DVD copies than VHS, special features are nice.
   Bowl game pairings were announced tonight. Iowa is playing Oklahoma in the Insight Bowl on December 30, in Tempe, Arizona, on ESPN. I had seen 2 games there in 2005, and this is the same bowl Iowa played in last year but a different opponent. It will mean ordering a button and shirt soon from the 'Hawk Shop', and it looks like they are already available. But I want to see a more detailed picture of it before ordering, as I like having the shirt where the helmets of both teams are on it. I have plenty of bowl game shirts and buttons, even a few pennants. I like being able to order online as I am not always able to make it back to Iowa over the holiday and buy these items in a store in Des Moines.

No comments:

Post a Comment