Thursday, December 22, 2011

Tying Shoes on Escalator

I hate how I have to keep tying my shoes, but I like how when there's a sense of urgency I can get it done real quick. This was the case on the escalator on the way to work this morning. I happened to get it done with a few steps to spare. It's all about getting motivated, and this is true of many things in life.
    I had to pause when passing by an eating establishment, but not due to their food, it was a taco place. I did not order any food at all. It was due to the song being played, 'Back on the Chain Gang' by the Pretenders. I think it's the lyric that goes like this: 'found a picture of you, oh, those were the happiest days of my life' that I like. Also mentions the 'wretched life of a lonely heart'. It's a happy and sad song at the same time, it seems to fit my persona since I can be contradictory as well. Or some might say an enigma.
   Unfortunately, another song stands out in my mind. The mailroom man kept 'I'm a Believer' by the Monkees on repeat apparently but I didn't know how to tell him to stop since the door is usually locked.
   Heard from the old friend, they are now in the States, in St. Louis, a city I visit annually. They told me about getting a divorce and how their young son is blind. I didn't know how to respond to that. The friend had heard how I was dating somebody, they seemed to be really interested in hearing about it. I had been told they would be away for 3 years due to their spouse's job, but it was just over a year when I had last heard from them and since then I had a picture of their newborn baby emailed to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment