Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pair of Corduroys

I needed to replace a pair of pants for work and used a gift card I got from family over the holiday and got my second pair of corduroys, this one blue, the other was green. Went to a JC Penney to get them. It was a day of errand running since I had the day off from work, also meant going to Bed Bath and Beyond as I wanted to finish up a gift card with just 91 cents left. I had previously been there to get a bookcase with the card. I got a candy bar with the remaining value, surprised they had them there as I just expected towels and sheets and the like. Few other items were in this price range.
    Also made it to Walmart to exchange some apparel meant as a gift but found out the recipient had no use for it. This was the same item I had tried to return on Tuesday. After returning it I took a while in the store trying to find a replacement gift, I will find out soon enough if i got it right this time. I sent 4 more cards, possibly the last for the season, and it meant this set of cards is finished, 22 in all. I wanted to finish up the box and I could think of some more deserving recipients. I got more writer magazines sent to the recycle bin, now I can turn my attention to sending other media there. I had wanted to send all writer magazines there at the same time, but ran out of time over the weekend. The next thing would be the Sporting News issues, since that subscription was largely canceled for me due to the publisher changing their business model. I had way more of those since I hadn't sorted through them in a while and it is published more often, even when it went to bimonthly after being a weekly publication. It helped to move things around in the closet so then I have a better idea where everything is.
   Found out I still had 2 cameras I haven't used in a while, not since I got one from Best Buy earlier this year. So I got a picture of both and then tossed them. It's just as well, when one of them, the Fuji 35 mm, was a booby prize from day one since it was ordered as a service anniversary gift and then arrived when I was on layoff. The other, the Argus digital, didn't work well after dropping it as I had to tape the battery cover to keep it on. I did keep one thing, the strap from the Fuji, as I added it to the case for my current camera. Not only do I like a reminder of what I had previously, albeit a small one, it is a good strap and easier to reach for it when it is bigger than the one it was tied onto.
 Hopefully it will be a while before I'm satisfied with the way things look as it means I will stay motivated to keep doing assessments and throwing things out that I don't need and haven't been using. This included some old, torn posters.
   It went well going onstage tonight, the comic after me said I was really funny even though I said I wish I was making it up. The joke they were referring to was when I spoke of coping with a recent failure. Though I like how comedy is available to me as a way of releasing pain when needed. It was a comic who was opened for Louie Anderson, so they're good, but any compliments about the craft are welcomed as it makes me feel good.
   Drove over to another club in hopes of getting stagetime but there wasn't any,was informed I needed to ask for stagetime on their Facebook page, recent change in procedure. So as expected, I didn't stay long, left after the opener. Got some cold Godfather's pizza from the nearby convenience store that I will have for lunch. I had wondered about it before, how the cold kind was less than half what was under the heat lamp. Since I often wait to eat it until later, it's no big deal getting it cold when it can be microwaved. So I got two, a pepperoni and sausage. For the second straight night I made a wrong turn and ended up at the airport, I just hate being so distracted but I have been this week. What's hard to understand was how I came from a different direction than before, same result.
    When I got home I did ask right away about stagetime by Facebook, will wait to hear more. Easier to do it right away while still fresh in my mind. While on Facebook , I did ask to add a classmate to the class reunion group. Also noticed another classmate in the group, his profile says he's in Australia and may no longer be with who he was dating in college. So I am thinking the chances of him making it to the reunion are not high, when he would need a plane ticket to get there. It's just was well, when we've spoken at just one of the three previous ones. I had a falling out with him as good friends make bad roommates, we haven't talked much since. In fact, the reunion mentioned earlier was the first time since the falling-out. He has friended me on Facebook but I have said no more than once, the lack of mutual respect was hard to forget. I know I am not alone on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment