Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Merkinball

As usual, I thought of music tonight. Tried to find 'Merkinball' by Pearl Jam on Youtube the night before and it didn't seem to be the one. So I told myself to get out my own CD and play it, and I did, after getting back from the comedy club tonight. But 4 other songs were on my mind as well. 'Christmas Canon' by Trans Siberian Orchestra, along with 'Miss Sarajevo' by Passengers (U2 and Pavarotti). Listened to them on Youtube before leaving for the show. The former is played a lot this time of year, I like it better than most Christmas songs and even saw this music act in concert at the Target Center in Minneapolis a few years back. The latter, not sure why I was thinking of it. But it really gets me emotional, like few songs can. All I need to see is the mental picture from the video where the beauty pageant contestants hold up a banner that says 'Don't let them kill us'. Since the song was done at the height of the Bosnian war. When driving from one show to another, I heard 'Back on The Chain Gang' by the Pretenders, saw them in concert twice when I lived in suburban Chicago. It's a fairly happy song, and that's why I like it. After the show it was 'I'm Yours' by Jason Mraz, a nice reminder of starting in comedy as it was a popular song 3 years ago.
    I liked trying some new jokes when onstage, which was at the second show but not the first. I got a drink ticket from the show runner, and was told that I should still tip the server. So I said I was fine with ordering more, and it was a half order of chicken nachos. It was way more than I expected, as with nachos I was used to what is seen at baseball stadiums. It's a little plastic container with the cheese and peppers, this was a much larger plate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment