Monday, December 19, 2011

What Cockroaches?

I liked the coffee cake at the office today, and one colleague said I could have all of it since it wasn't that popular with others in my department. Don't know why this colleague wanted me to take it away, mentioning cockroaches when I haven't seen any in the office. I said I would handle it at the end of the workday, since I had plenty to do in the final hour, even said 'miles to go before I sleep' in reference to the Robert Frost poem I had read in school. I kept thinking and saying 'Bork Bork Bork', something I often did as a kid. But it was not in reference to Robert Bork, who was nominated for the Supreme Court but not confirmed by the Senate. It sounded so funny to me, and I had to find out why. When I did an online search one of the first hits made mention of the Swedish Chef on 'The Muppets', which made sense to me since I watched the show as a kid.
   One comedian friend was at the club tonight, he had 2 friends there I hadn't seen in a while as well. He claimed it wasn't his 'entourage' though they had been there with him many times before.
   The football game tonight, Steelers at 49ers, was delayed due to a power outage at the stadium. Odd how it was compared to the 'World Series earthquake' of 1989, also in San Francisco. Those really aren't even close to being in the same category.

No comments:

Post a Comment