Friday, December 23, 2011

Horrible Bosses

Watched the movie 'Horrible Bosses' on DVD today, since I had the day off from work. Hard to find, on my 4th attempt the Redbox in Lilydale had it. Usually it is not that hard to find a movie I want at any kiosk I go to. Already had a poster and shirt from it this summer. They were giving out these items  at the comedy club. I had thought about seeing it earlier, and after finding out Bob Newhart has a cameo I definitely wanted to see it. Just wanted to find a day when I had the time to get it back in one day, since a one-day rental is cheap, just a dollar and change. Actually, one location did have it on blue ray, lot of good that does me. It's what I've learned from life before, sometimes it pays to keep trying. I got it watched and back to the same location in just 6 hours, didn't want to get too busy and forget even though I had until 9pm Saturday to return to avoid more charges.
   It was also an errand-running day. I got a book at Barnes and Noble, 'Here Comes Trouble' by Michael Moore, it was half-price so this made it easier to get. I was ready to say no since it would be more expensive as a hardcover, but then I found some on a table with a half price sticker. Also picked up some stamps, and lucked out how somebody left behind a sheet of 12 so I didn't have to buy them. The stamps are honoring some inventions like the typewriter. I still bought 2 Charlie Brown and Snoopy cards at the post office, one of them had a Linus theme.
   In the evening I made it to a comedy show at the Corner Bar in Minneapolis, there were various skits in it and many of my friends were performing. It was nice to be able to get in for a reduced price.

No comments:

Post a Comment