Saturday, December 31, 2011

Valley Meadows

I did see the Valley Meadows show at a comedy club tonight, and made it to a movie before it since it was  a late-evening start on the comedy show. Saw 'Descendants', the George Clooney movie that takes place in Hawaii. It would likely be called a 'dramedy' as it was actually meant to be a drama but there was plenty of things that made me laugh. I liked the raw emotion in it, I said it was the most comparable role he had to his time on TV's 'ER'. Of course 'ER' was also considered to be a masterful dramatic series.
   While doing laundry I spoke with a man who wanted to talk about the Vikings game scheduled for the next day, and the player in his final game, Kleinsasser, number 40, a tight end/fullback. Then he spoke of knowing somebody in New Prague, one of the few Jewish people there. He was wearing a hoodie that had a 'NORML' logo on it about reforming  marijuana laws. Of the 2 Amy K's in Minnesota politics, he said he liked Koch over Klobuchar and claims Koch as a facebook friend. Also used the term 'head shop' which I wasn't all that familiar with, but based on his hoodie it made sense as that is where drug paraphenalia is sold.
    Even though I like listening to people tell their stories, I could tell this man wasn't very intelligent. When I spoke of Governor Mark Dayton, he said 'he owns Target' when Dayton is just a department store heir and Target is a stockholder-owned company. This continued with him speaking of baseball, and the St. Paul Saints, encouraging me to attend their games (and I already do regularly) 'because they have Darryl Strawberry'. This was somebody who played just one season for the Saints, and it was back in 1996. So it was old information. Don't know if he belongs in the know-it-all category, but he does seem to have the same traits unfortunately.  

No comments:

Post a Comment