Sunday, December 25, 2011

Egg Nog and Pizza

My Christmas dinner at lunchtime consisted of 2 slices of Little Caesar's pizza and some egg nog. It was 2 as it is what was left over from getting some on Thursday, and then eating some more on Friday. It was undoubtedly simple, and fine with me. Then I laid down for a while after reading the first chapter of the Michael Moore book 'Here Comes Trouble' that I had bought on Friday.  Already riveting to me, like how he had to get Navy SEAL protection after his Oscar acceptance speech and doing the movie 'Fahrenheit 9/11' which I saw on the 4th of July in 2004. I chose that day so I could be easily reminded of when I saw it, and seeing one of his movies is a true event for me.
    But of course, I wanted to get more done, so that meant doing the dishes, along with taking out the trash and recycle. I spotted 2 grocery carts nearby and took them back to the store, along with picking up some litter along the way to the recycle bin. Nice how there wasn't many emails waiting for me since I last checked my account 2 days ago, just 20. I tend to get a lower volume over the weekend, and this number is lower than what I get on most weekdays. Another thing I did was send more writer magazines to the recycle bin, since I have done the assessment and have decided to cut back on subscriptions and not renew some of them. I just got started on it, but I like knowing how it frees up space in the closet as it was hard to get the door shut earlier when some media was rubbing against the door and causing some resistance.
    Once I was done with chores I had a date in the evening, we had cheese fondue, first time in a while. We also watched some of the Bears/Packers game on NBC, Packers beat them 35-21. I realized after leaving how I left my cellphone there as it must have slid out of my pocket while sitting or most likely laying down on the couch. Thankfully it hasn't happened in a little while, misplacing the phone that is. I've lucked out on finding it, haven't completely lost this important item yet. First time since the writer convention in Detroit in June. I checked the urge to go back and find it as it was late and I knew I had plans to see my date for lunch on Monday. No need to panic about it when I could live without it for part of one day, when I don't make or take many calls anyway.
     Went to a party on Saturday, I had seen most of the people there before but had a hard time remembering the names of all. It was in the late afternoon and went into the evening. I found out that 'process of elimination' did help on keeping track of who everybody was there. We made it to Cub Foods just 15 minutes before early closure for the holiday to get 2-liter bottles of soda pop and ice for the event. It was odd how there were 2 freezers with ice in them, but one had just four 20-pound bags of ice, the other had much more, including 5-pound bags. The 20-pound bag would have been too much. We ate at a Taco Bell for lunch before doing all of the errand-running on our list.  

No comments:

Post a Comment