Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Alabama and Green Day

After getting stagetime at a club tonight, I decided to get a small Godfather's pizza nearby. It was at a convenience store near the interstate on-ramp. I  like their pizza, a reminder of growing up in Iowa. Must be the buttery crust that makes it taste good, but the commercials were also fun, having an actor dressed up in a gangster costume as a knockoff from 'the Godfather' movies.
   I liked the drive home, since it was nearly deserted on the highways. The show finished late, after midnight, so of course the traffic would be diminished at that time. Two songs I heard on the radio stood out: 'Mountain Music' by Alabama, and 'Longview' by Green Day. I recall doing a Facebook posting before about how I heard 2 songs on my radio and how they were way different but both fit who I am. This is true once again, as one is country music and the other alternative music. We all can have different sides to ourselves, and my tastes in music tends to prove it well.
    It was tough to get to the club on time since I was attending a show at another club across town. I ended up leaving shortly after the show closer began in order to make it there as early as possible. Though there was a traffic delay on the interstate so I didn't make it as quickly as I would have liked. Since I have the next day off I didn't mind being out late. I tried some new jokes, same as on Tuesday, but it seemed to flow better on the previous day, unsure why unless I didn't give myself as much time to be mentally prepared before going onstage. I know well enough how it's best to find an 'inner sanctum' where I see that I have my material down cold so I don't get stuck since I no longer rely on notes. Then again, we are all our own worst critics and I may not have done as bad as I thought. Hard to say, some of my friends said I did fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment