Friday, December 9, 2011

Passport Filed

I got my passport renewal mailed today, at lunchtime, after getting copies made of all items sent. One colleague said she wasn't living vicariously through me, just excited for who I'm dating. It may well become a running joke. Along with her saying she wanted me to gush over pictures of her young son, who did look cool in a 'Gatsby hat'. Must be from the novel 'Great Gatsby'. My dad has one of those hats.
     It was odd how the woman at the post office said I had 5 years to renew passports after they expire, when an expired one does me no good while traveling. Since I may be attending a wedding in a foreign country next year I have the sense of urgency to get it renewed right away, when it expires in a month. This 5-year thing I think is in reference to being able to renew by mail, after that apparently an entirely new application is needed and on my original application I sent in every form they asked for to prove my identity. Except for 2, military records and marriage certificate. Haven't done either yet.
   On my date tonight we watched another 'Little House' episode on DVD, called 'in the big inning' as it depicted a baseball game between Walnut Grove and Sleepy Eye. It was fun to see such an episode, and like many things I looked at it from a historical perspective and said they did get the costumes correct apparently. The hats would be what were called 'Cap Anson' style, as they were cylinder shaped. The Pittsburgh Pirates had these kind for a while, into the 1980s. Though they were named for Cap Anson, a player who was with the Chicago club, now known as the Cubs.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment