Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Leftover Pasta Lunch

As expected, there was a repeat of the pasta lunch in the breakroom. There wasn't as much left, but even though I arrived a good hour after it was put out I still got plenty. Liked having the little cups of parmesan cheese available. Felt good about getting 5 more cards sent out at lunchtime.
   At the comedy club tonight there was a man from Tennessee who seemed to enjoy heckling the female comics. He did speak of the 'redneck dictionary' and wore a Harley-Davidson hat. I liked seeing the jokes that were told to shut him down. I am still not sure how I would handle a similar situation, since I really haven't had to yet. But I also know the type of comedy I do, deadpanning and often about myself, means it is less likely I would have have to deal with crowdmembers. The oddest thing was how one comic talked to this man after the show. I didn't bother to ask the comic why, and I did not talk to this man at all. This was the same comic I spoke with before the show by the bar as I was getting my drink, for some reason we spoke of $2 bills, how rare they are and the myths/legends about them. Some think they are counterfeit.
    An old friend called and left a message, we are playing phone tag. I knew they had been out of the country for a while, my first question was where they are now. Actually 2 questions, as I was unsure how they got my number, I was thinking they may have acquired it from somebody else, a mutual friend, as they hadn't called me before.

No comments:

Post a Comment