Thursday, December 29, 2011

Best Buy Visit

I had another day off from work, so after getting more magazines sorted and sent out to recycle I decided to go out at midday and do a search for more Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues. Tried four places, had to leave messages at 2 of them. Another said they no longer had them, had been donated a while back. So I got a picture of their poster of some Snoopys. But it was worth it to try again at the Best Buy fortress of a home office in Richfield. I had found one there before, a Charlie in front of a microphone, since it was close to the glass. The security desk receptionist first said there was three, after finding them- including the Charlie- there was mention of of how there may be more. And there was, I liked sitting down in a chair at one of the pictures. Another made mention of 'Good Will Hunting', my favorite movie. Well worth it to try, especially when these were more elaborate than most others, more than just a statue was on these. It is one of the few places so far where I've seen one from each of the 5-year series. Just needed to wear a visitor badge around my neck, looks like there were plenty of services there like a US Bank location. The others were harder to find, compared to the Charlie from June, since they were farther inside. I knew it was my best chance in a while since I usually don't have days off during the week that much. I have just so many days to use each year, and I often use them when going out of town. I did give out my business card, and decided to claim one as well since they were available. So I send my sincere thanks to Leeann at Best Buy, as she also took the pictures for me as I asked to be in the pictures.
    Made it home from errand running,  which included making another donation at Goodwill, in time to see Jeopardy. Then I resumed going through Sporting News magazines and got more sent to recycle after watching 'Big Bang Theory'. Pleased how much I went through, most of them have been sorted and are no longer outside of the closet. All that is left are ones previously tied up in twine, easier to move those around.   

No comments:

Post a Comment