Thursday, June 7, 2012

'Back In America' Song

'Back In America' was a song I recall being at the end of the movie 'National Lampoon's European Vacation'. It describes me today, after 2 flights on Iceland Air. I've unpacked my bags and did my best to consolidate souvenirs. Of course it helped to take out clothes and put them in the laundry basket first. Most of what was in my bags happened to be clothes.
     There were plenty of postcards as expected, and 9 buttons from various places, although 4 of them were sold together at the Hard Rock Cafe. There's also the toy versions of the phone boxes and double decker buses I saw plenty of in London. I liked getting a second chance at souvenirs in Iceland while on layover, so I got a pack of coins and a pair of socks. Laying on the floor is the British coins, 7 in all, totaling less than 2 pounds. The customs agent at MSP Airport tried to make a joke about me having an Iowa Hawkeye sweatshirt on, but I've learned to take these things in stride. This means ignore them as best as possible, do not acknowledge it.
    Liked being able to sample various beers of course, including one while at the airport in Iceland. I got to my home and everything looked fine, watched 'Big Bang Theory' with my date and then we went to eat. I hope to get some rest tonight, as the weekend will be busy. We are attending my class reunion in Iowa. It meant having to skip just one event related to the wedding, the breakfast this morning. But we needed the time to get back to Heathrow Airport on the chartered bus. Got noticed by an airport security official, being told to delete a picture I had taken of a company sponsoring the Olympic Games. I decided to choose an alternate line as I was already on her bad side. We ate lunch at the airport, and got some final souvenirs as well. I am pleased that many have already read the posting about attending a play in London's West End, 'Sunshine Boys'. My guess is few others had done a blog posting about the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment