Sunday, June 17, 2012

Cleaning a Coleman Cooler

I decided to claim a cooler I found in a garage I rented recently. I knew I needed to get it out of the trunk of my car and clean it. Well I finally did this earlier today. It didn't take that long, same as most things. It just means needing to put it on the priority list. I'm sure I will use it eventually, as I do travel from time to time and it is a handy item to have. I also got around to cleaning some souvenirs from Great Britain, such as a beer bottle from Iceland and a soda bottle from a German food shop. Hard to find a shelf that fit one of the bottles, since it's kind of tall. Didn't want to lay it on its side, might roll away.
   I got the groceries and dishes done earlier than typical, as I knew I needed to since I was going to a Dad's Day event with my date. Pictures from Great Britain and the class reunion were shown there, though my date had very little from the reunion. I have most of those on my camera.
    I did see an interview with rapper Ice-T on CNN recently in the skyway food court. It was about his movie 'Art Of Rap' opening soon. Tried searching for it online, but I found no listings yet for the Twin Cities. Hopefully it will get to the area soon. I do like movies about musicians, be it biopics or documentaries. Though this sounds more like a documentary. It may have a limited release, so I am fine with going over to the Lagoon or Edina theaters to see it. It was odd how Ice-T said people don't experience music online, when many do so through Youtube and I-Tunes. I like how most songs are on Youtube. He did have a point how some rap songs won't be played on the radio, but many of them still are.
    I am still holding out hope on hearing some good stories about the late Uncle Irving when going to these 'adopted family' events my date takes me to, but so far not much luck. All I hear is he had plenty of jokes and stories to tell, but nobody can remember any of them. At this event somebody said he was known for having a 'black book' of jokes, and often told dirty jokes. I am told I would have liked meeting him, likely since I do comedy and would appreciate somebody who was good at telling jokes and stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment