Monday, June 25, 2012

Sign Language on the Bus

I saw an older couple communicate in sign language on the bus in the evening. The man looked like somebody I had seen before. He had 1980's style plastic framed glasses, and a graybeard. He was wearing denim shorts, and crocs instead of shoes. I say he looked familiar as I think he once tried to speak to me in sign language, but of course I didn't respond so he knew I wasn't fluent. I just recall it being one of the few times when I was sitting near the back of the bus, since I usually sit near the front. Easier to remember when and where your stop is, in my opinion, when sitting near the front. Though I like knowing how when one is near the back, then one is close to the back door, which tends to be lower traffic when needing to leave. It helps that nobody's trying to board there, as it can be annoying when somebody tries to board when not everybody has exited yet.
   This of course is a different sign language couple than what I was used to seeing before, as the other couple looked much younger than the couple I saw today.
   At the comedy club tonight, there was a copy of the New Yorker magazine on a table so I flipped through it a little. There was an article about actor Ben Stiller in it, but I didn't read it very closely. Eventually I saw somebody return and claim it, they must have been in the bathroom. I did speak with them briefly, I didn't know them at all. They must have been a newer comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment