Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Ecolab Guy

I saw a man I recognized from earlier while riding the bus after work this evening. He works at Ecolab, and he tells me he now lives in Eagan. I was telling him about seeing Ecolab on my visit to Great Britain, hand soap at a pub. He said they are a global company, and has been to that nation as well.
   The jokes about Great Britain went well at the comedy club tonight. I called back my dad to tell him being there. I finally asked him about why he said 'Everett' every so often, he tells me it has nothing to do with an episode of 'Little House' where Mr. Edwards is called Everett even though his name is Isaiah. He said he knew some people named Everett. He doesn't recall some of these oddities but does his best to explain them, like when I asked about what 'Minnesota hoods' referred to.
  My dad said he saw news coverage of the flooding in Duluth. So it is a big deal when it's news outside of the state, as Dad lives in Iowa. He also spoke of getting the hay in, as he's a hobby farmer.
   Also notable today was seeing the belongings of one colleague being packed up. She had been on leave for a while, disability if I'm not mistaken, hard to recall how long. Her calendar was flipped to January, I know this much. One can't stay on leave of absence forever, no matter what the reason is. I was on leave once so far, for my grandma's funeral. But that leave was way shorter, as it lasted less than a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment