Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Not Because Of Novocain

I had a dental appointment after work, and due to some of the work done I was advised not to have a beer at the comedy club tonight. I told the bartender to give me a Pepsi instead, and why. He asked if it was due to the novocain, I said I didn't have any done on me. I know I didn't have to say why, but it helps remind me not to order a beer since I'm fairly well-known  there. It's to the level that they see me and ask if I want my usual, and of course I wouldn't want anything to go to waste. The dental assistant liked to talk to me quite a bit as usual, asking me about things like if I had been to any concerts lately and if I was going to any at the state fair at the end of the summer. At this point, i have no plans to attend any state fair concerts, but attending the state fair at least once likely is.
  It was a  good crowd tonight at the comedy club, much bigger than typical. There were some big fans running in the back as it was warm.
    The attendance party at the office was nice, it was in the afternoon in a 'cubbyhole conference room' which is just a game room for ping-pong and basketball. There were 3 choices of Edy's ice cream, I had the black/raspberry at first and later finished up the vanilla, but there wasn't much left by then. I did shoot some baskets after eating ice cream, one colleague was doing way better than me and I noticed he was getting mostly 3-pointers in. It was getting competitive on the ping-pong game, between some of the managers. I had to retrieve the ball once, since it was hit near me.

No comments:

Post a Comment