Saturday, June 30, 2012

Minneapolis Millers Pennant

The plans called for attending the second game of the Twins/Royals split doubleheader. The Twins won the 'lidlifter' 7-2. I listened to some of it on the radio while doing the typical errand running.
I got plenty done today, including printing a few things at the library. I also went back to South St. Paul to get another historical marker picture from the town's stockyard days. I was researching it online this week and found out there was another one near the Armour gates. It was on a 'historical marker database' so it became easier to find since it listed the cross streets it was near. I parked across the street long enough to take the picture, may not have even been noticed by anyone. Another thing I did was go to Walgreen and get more pictures onto a CD, after getting the ones I wanted of this marker. I'd like to change my profile picture on Facebook, and just plain add one to LinkedIn. The one on Facebook now is the original from when I joined, so it isn't that recent. It was a few years old even when I added it.
   Then it was on to the train station with my date to ride to the game, which took place in the early evening. We did get the giveaway item, a Minneapolis Millers pennant. Smaller than typical, but I like having it. Twins also won the nightcap, 5-1. The starting pitcher went 6 innings, which helped greatly. He did benefit from run support, 3 home runs though two of them were solo shots. We stopped to get a picture of a big piggy bank in the U.S. Bank section before leaving the stadium. It was mentioned often during the game, as 'feeding the pig' meant the proceeds would go to flood relief in Duluth. I put some pocket change in the pig. I decided to pick up a third pennant in my row, which was abandoned, and will likely be giving it to a colleague at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment