Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dueling Bridge Walks

I noticed a colleague doing a bridge walk at lunchtime, on the other side of the road. I wanted to complete the bridge before turning around, so I was behind for a while. But I was able to catch up due to the traffic light. Eventually I did pass my colleague, though I found out I wasn't spotted outside. I let them know after we both had made it back to the office. So if it was a competition of dueling bridge walks, it was unofficial. Maybe it was just as well that I didn't try walking with them, as it likely wouldn't have been in lockstep. I'm a brisk walker, and the bridge over the Mississippi River I can do round-trip in 10 minutes. Some say it takes longer, I tell them 'not the way I walk it'.
   I did jokes about being in Great Britain at the 400 bar in Minneapolis tonight, it went over well. Also filmed it on my video camera, still need to watch it. I entrusted another comic to have it on their table, resting on top of a tote bag. But I was told after I left the stage how they picked it up as it was hard to see me over the crowdmembers in the way. I got another picture of the wall art there, as it's a well-known music bar. This time it was of a Jayhawks album, though I don't own one. I do own some of the others featured on the walls there, like Soul Asylum and the Replacements. Actually, the Grave Dancers Union album by Soul Asylum is there more than once.
  After the show I went over to the Bobby and Steve's near 35W. As some would expect, I did pick up 2 small Godfather's pizzas. I like the smell of new tires in that shop, along with all of the wall art related to Coca-Cola.  

No comments:

Post a Comment